Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Class Notes 4/27 - Group Presentations

Last Day of Class, April 30, absolutely Mandatory Attendance!

Last day of class on Friday will begin at 8:30AM and this will be our final so that we DO NOT meet finals week. We will be reciting our memorized passages from Eliot's Four Quartets.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Two groups presented on Monday.

The first group was the group I was in. We went for creating an apocolyptic experience, one that surrounds the idea of ritual in terms of life and literature. Finding the extraordinary in the ordinary.....the epiphany in Doug's morning routine (at least for the group presentation) of shaving. Hope everyone had fun, I know we did. Thank you to my group, I had so much fun and I loved how everyone was enthusiastic and contributing! I love groups because you get to know people in the class, and it's cool if you already know them, but it is a great opportunity to work with new people as well. Thank you Tai, Amy, Rian, Taylor, Kari, and Doug!

The second group had a great skit that was smart and funny! Looking at Hamlet's life in college and his graduation.....same thing we are all about to do. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard during a presentation. I am working from memory here because I was laughing too hard to write anything down. I loved all the connections.....even if I didn't get all of them. I loved that the presentation was obviously very well crafted in terms of material in the script and necessary props. If anyone missed this presentation.....boy did you miss out!


I look forward to Wednesday's presentations!

No comments:

Post a Comment